Coffee has been both praised and mocked for centuries. It has been blamed to cause impotence and sleeplessness and at other times a cure for laziness or a cause for happiness. Whatever the reason, people love their daily dose of caffeine and that is why it is the most widely consumed beverage across the globe.
Photo credits: mija_mija (via Instagram)
Here are the few health benefits of consuming coffee:
1) Coffee helps boosts your physical performance: Have a cup of black coffee about an hour before your workout and see the difference in your performance. You wouldn’t get tired as easily but make sure you consume good amounts of water during the workout.
2) Protects against liver diseases and cancer: Coffee is rich in antioxidants, which is beneficial for the treatment of fatty liver diseases. This in turn reduces the risk of contracting liver cancer.
4) Stick to one cup per day: Reduce the intake of coffee for one cup per day. That’s all it takes to boost your energy. Play a few games of bingo if you have to to reduce those stress levels. Visit www.gamevillage.com which is a pretty good online bingo and casino site.
3) Cut down on the sugar: Reducing the intake of sugar has huge health benefits, and by drinking unsweetened coffee you are living healthier. This is probably the most important tip for all coffee drinkers. It’s really a tough one for a lot of people, but its a choice we have to make. Use cream instead which acts as a natural sweetener.
5) Immune boosting properties: Coffee helps to boost memory as it is known to enhance select memories 24 hours after consumption with its benefits on cognitive functions, making them strong and resistant to forgetting.
No doubt, coffee is a drink many people enjoy all over the world. Like many things, too much of it can be bad, but having just the right amount, coupled with healthy eating, can bring wonders to your health for many more years to come.