When I started blogging years ago, I considered creating a Paypal account because according to my blogger friends, most online transactions are made easy by this payment facility. Even if I haven't understood completely what Paypal was all about, I still signed up. My account was even verified using my mother's credit card. For the past years, my PP had zero transactions and things started to change only when I began freelancing and earning through blogging.
Since my account was idle for so long, I didn't notice that the card I used to verify it has already expired. Therefore, my Paypal account was limited. To solve this problem, I need to get my own credit or debit card. Luckily, a friend of mine introduced Unionbank's EON. She said that for only P 350.00, I will be able to get a debit card which can be used to verify my "now" active PP account. This means easy online transactions!
In just one day, I already got my own EON debit card... Yes! The application is fast and easy!
Here are the steps to follow if you want to get your own EON Debit Card which can be used to shop online, to verify your Paypal account and to withdraw your funds in Freelance sites.
1. Visit Unionbank's EON Application Page
2. Complete the necessary fields (make sure the mobile number you provide is active and you choose carefully the pickup branch for your card)
3. Wait for the reference number that will be sent by Unionbank to your mobile number
4. Prepare two valid identification cards (for list of accepted cards, refer here)
5. Visit the pickup branch you have indicated in your application
(bring the two valid ids with one photocopy each and P 350 annual fee)
6. Submit the requirements to the bank (approach the person in the information table)
You can complete all these steps in less than an hour. Like in my case, it only took me 45 minutes all in all to finish the transaction. After getting the EON debit card, you must wait for 24-48 hours before your account will be activated by the bank. Within that time duration, you can already enroll your card for online banking. This is very important because you will not be able to access your cyber account if you fail to do this step.
After two days, visit again Unionbank's E-banking System. If you successfully logged in and checked your account, that means the bank has already activated your card. If you haven't verified your Paypal account yet, you might consider doing these things.
1. Log in to your Paypal
2. Click the "Get Verified" link below your name
3. Add your EON Debit Card (take note: Paypal will get P 100 from your card to check if you really own the card number; but it will be credited back to your account after 24 hours)
4. Log in to your EON Cyber Account
5. Check the transaction details and look for the one sent by Paypal
6. In the transaction details you will see "VISA-PP*aaaaCODE", copy the 4-digit code (aaaa)
7. Log back in to your Paypal and click "Get Verified"
8. You will be directed to a page where you have to type the 4-digit code
That's it! You are now a verified Paypal member.
Should you want to withdraw your Paypal funds to EON, all you need to do is to click "Withdraw" link on the top of your Paypal page and choose "Withdraw Funds to your card." There is a P 250 charge for this transaction. However if you have an existing bank account and withdraw your funds to the said account, the transaction fee will be free for withdrawal of P 7,000 or more. P 50 will be charged for withdrawal of P 6,999.99 or less. As you can see, choosing "Withdraw Funds to your bank account" is more convenient. Because of this, I always prefer withdrawing my funds to my LBP account.
Thank you for the first Coffee Talk ♥