I remember the time when I walked out from the breakfast table because I didn't like what was served. I thought to myself, "Nah. I don't wanna eat that. It doesn't taste good." My mother, the most understanding and patient person in the world, asked me on what I wanted to eat. So I told her that I want something else. She stood up and prepared my meal. On that morning, I had a cup of rice, slices of chicken nuggets and a cup of hot chocolate. I did enjoy my breakfast on that day.
It was a hot afternoon, I stepped out my room and headed to the refrigerator to find something to drink. I opened the door of the fridge and looked for my all-time favorite juice drink. I was dismayed when I didn't find what I was looking for. I called my mom and complained. She called the maid and asked her to make an orange juice instead. I went back to my room with a glass of juice in my hand but I was so pissed off.
Those were just some of the stupid things I did when I wasn't still aware of how blessed I am for being able to eat three times a day, to have merienda anytime I want to and to eat any food I crave for.
Thanks to the one incident that made me realize that I was so wrong and to my parents who taught me that I should be thankful that i am not one of:
- those street children who beg for food
- those persons who look for food in the garbage can
- those beggars who stay outside the churches
- those robbers who steal in order to have something to eat
- those badjao children who swim in deep waters to get the coins thrown by the insensitive persons who make fun of them
- those who sleep overnight with an empty stomach
- those babies who cry for they have no milk to drink
and the like..
LET'S BE GRATEFUL and LET'S HELP END WORLD HUNGER.
In our little ways, we can help end hunger/starvation/deprivation..